Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sunday Comics







I always looked forward to the Sunday Comics, or the "Sillies" as my Dad called them. This was the only part of the paper that I cared for. I found Britten with the comics Sunday after church in the bathroom. She loves to have them read to her. Her favorite one from this week was For Better or For Worse because it was about a little girl. It showed her getting all sorts of kitchen utensils out of a drawer, then she slammed her fingers in on accident. She started crying, then they had to go to the doctor to get them bandaged up. The mom then prayed "Lord next time something bad happens, let it happen to me." I tried to explain this concept to Britten, and how I felt the same way about her and Ellie, bu all that she kept saying was "why do you want to get hurt!" Wouldn't we take all the pain for our kids if we could. It is scary putting the girls out there in the world where there is so much hurt and pain! I am so thankful that I know that there is a God who will be there for us in the hard times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember you reading the "Sillies"
I'm so proud of all of my daughters and the wonderful people that they have become. Don't worry about your kids the way you are raising them they will be just fine.
Love y'all
Pop Pop