Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Homecomming


Waiting to see Daddy



Here he comes!!

First embrace in four months

Ignore the girl kissing her husband in the back.I love this pic otherwise!
Together again!

Britt still a little unsure of it all

Daddy and his princess (Mommy is boohooing here!)

Looking each other over.

HUGS!!


Four months apart is way too long!! Especially for a little girl. It was so hard explaining the days to her and that Daddy would be home soon. This day was so special to us, and there were a lot of tears of joy. None of us cried when he left back in January, but we all cried tears of relief as he returned in May. Daddy had a teddy bear from England for Britten, along with lots of hugs for the both of us. It was so sweet to see her reaction towards him....she was a little unsure at first, then she started crying before either of us did. Of course this made us all cry. After a few seconds, she was ready to go to Daddy and she hasn't wanted to be apart from him since. It was interesting to see Justin be able to love on my "Ellie belly" as well. When he left it was a small bump, and when he saw me again it was huge. lol. We are so blessed to have Daddy back home again and are loving all of our time together!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You just gave me a great cry! How blessed we are that Justin is home & safe and all thee of you are dedicated enough to sacrifice the time apart! Sure makes you savor the precious moments you have together, doesn't it? Love you all! gammy

Chrissy Cross said...

Well I am crying too. I am so thankful that Justin is home!! Now you can really get ready for that baby! Can't wait for you guys to come down this summer! Cooper and Kenndall always ask about Britten.

Ashley said...

This post made me cry! So glad he is home. Can't imagine how hard it was to be apart!

Meg said...

OK it made me cry too!! Such a sweet little family. I love yall!

Anonymous said...

Good pictures and I'm so glad Justin made it home safe and back with his family.
Love ya'll
Pop Pop

The Brays said...

You have an amzing family, such a brave husband. I wish ya'll the best with little Ellie. When is she due? Soon, right? You all look great! So HAPPY!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

You really know how to make some people cry!!! I love all the pics. And we sisters sure think alike...I bought that dress for Tay for July 4th a couple weeks ago!

Unknown said...

Wow - that was a such a blessing to read! This summer will be so special for you guys. I'm glad Justin is home safe and sound. What a joy for you & Britten! May God's goodness continue to surround you guys and best wishes as your family grows! :)