Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Candy Land

Beating me again
I am almost there!

This game is making me hungry


She had to take one of me.....sorry about the no makeup look!



Today Britten got to experience Candy Land for the first time. At first she didn't really understand the object of the game, bt once she got the hang out it, she wanted to keep playing. I actually wanted to quit because she kept beating me! Candy Land makes me think of my childhood because we would play it quite often. Now, if you have never played a game (card, board, sport, grape eating contest, etc.) with the Lewis' then you do not know the meaning of competitiveness. I mean it gets UGLY! I remember one time we all sat down to play Candy Land, and I was in charge of straitening and shuffling the cards. Well....while I was doing this I decided to take the Fairy Princess card and sit on it, and when nobody was looking pretend that I drew it. My plan didn't work. You don't get away with something like that when Allyson has her eye on you at all times. I also remember playing spoons (the card game). Things always got violent when we played this one. Blood, bruises, scratches, pulled hair....anything to get that spoon. (I am glad they weren't forks). Anyway at the end of the game we all had a spoon which meant that someone brought an extra one in. Everyone automatically assumed that it was me (How could yall) and lo and behold it was the quiet one! Staci had outsmarted us! I can't remember Ally cheating, but I am sure that she did. She always won clue and I am still suspicious of her. I hope that Britten doesn't inherit this weird competitive gene! Just stay calm and laid back like Daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE JUST MADE ME LAUGH. I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE YU OR ALLY OR STACI GOT THAT COMPETITIVENESS. (NOT FROM YOUR MOM, I'M QUIT SURE1) I DO REMEMBER PALYING SORRY WITH MY MOM AS A 2ND OR 3RD GRADER AND BEING SENT TO MY ROOM! HAHA SURE DO MISS YOUR GUYS ALREDY! GAMMY