Sunday, March 18, 2007

Pass It On!




My Mom loves to read to Britten, just as much as I do. The reason that I love to do this is because it brings back so many memories of her reading to me at bedtime when I was little. Those were always special times. We would pick a bedroom (Ally's Staci"s or mine) and cuddle up for story time every night. We had tons of books to choose from, although we each had a favorite that I am sure our parents got tired of reading to us. (Britten already has a few favorites, as well) After we would read, we would all say our prayer out loud. ( I got in trouble for trying to rap my prayer once!) These times are the ones that mean the most when I think about my Mom, Dad, and sisters as we were growing up. This is a tradition that I want to carry on to my family! SWEET MEMORIES!!

5 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I think you were rapping the Lord's Prayer...that's too funny! I am laughing out loud!! And remember when Staci was memorizing the Preamble of the Constitution for school and she started saying that instead of her prayer b/c she had practiced it so much?! Those are really great memories. What great things to pass on to Britten.

Great pics of her and Gammy!

Anonymous said...

Those were good times and bring back a lot of good memories. That sure would be a good tradition to pass on. The book God Made Kittens and others I probably could still recite today.

Anonymous said...

Those memories are so precious. i miss the days when you girls were little sometimes. . . but it is great to have new memories to make and what sweet memories I already have of my sweet granddaughters. i look forward to many more books, many more prayers, many more hours playing outside, many more memories. I had a great week and am already looking forward to next time.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, Can I jsut say you are doing such a great job spending valuable time reading, playing, etc. with Britten. Keep it up. Remember: The most valuable thing a man can spend is his time. I treasure lots of time spent reading and playing with you girls. At times I find myself regretting the times I was too busy cleaning to spend time with ya'll. Keep investing you time in your daughter. I love you

Averi said...

Okay, I am laughing out loud. DO you think you could share your rap with me?
I love to read to Thatch, but he is very squirmy. I think he is starting to appreciate it more. You are such a good mom!!