Friday, August 14, 2009

Pop Pop the Fireman
















Britten loves that her Pop Pop is a fireman. I have always told her that he was one, but I don't think that she really believed me! While we were in Texas we got to visit the fire station, which she thought was the coolest thing! I haven't seen it since I was little, so it was just as neat for me to see it again. She listened to Pop Pop and I know that she learned a lot. I think that she would have listened to him talk about all the equipment and the trucks all day! He has been volunteering there for many years (sorry Dad, forgot how many) and will get his name on a stone out front in a few years.) I know that I have always though that it was the neatest thing that my Dad was a firefighter, and I know Britten thinks the same thing!Thanks Pop Pop for taking us there!!

2 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

How sweet! And dad's been on the dept since he was 18, so that makes 34 yrs this month...right dad?

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed showing Brissy the fire station. It will actually be 35 years in November.
Pop Pop