Friday, February 10, 2006

The Amazing power of prayer

Isn't the power of prayer amazing? We are so blessed to be able to go to the God of the universe and talk to him. As you know, yesterday was a really hard day for me with Justin leaving. Up until yesterday, I don't think that I really believed that he was going to be gone for 120 days because I wouldn't let myself think about it. The hardest part of it all was watching him have to tell Britten goodbye. I held myself together until the end, and then I lost it. I know that I will always remember the moment when he held me and comforted me. He is such an amazing and strong husband. The whole way home from dropping him off, I sang the words to It is well with my soul. The more I sang them, the more I meant it. I know that this isn't going to be easy for either of us, but I know with Gods help we can do it. When I got home, I hit my knees and prayed for strength and courage. I prayed for Justin's safety and for him to have strength also. As I was praying, I slowly felt the burden of this all to be slowly lifted from my body. Isn't God awesome! To know that he listens to us and takes our requests and answers them amazes me.

8 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Lindsay - This is just beautiful!! You amaze me with your strength and dedication to the Lord. I know He will not give you something you can't handle. It's funny because our lesson at church last week was over turning to God during the hard times and suffering. The invitation song was "It Is Well with My Soul" and I could hardly sing the words to the song without tears coming to my eyes. God has given you the strength to endure this time, and I know you'll get through it! I love you.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Your words make this mom's heart so proud! You are amazing - I just want to be that strong about my struggles! Love ya with all I have. (after all, you are MY baby!)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Your words make this mom's heart so proud! You are amazing - I just want to be that strong about my struggles! Love ya with all I have. (after all, you are MY baby!)

Anonymous said...

Didn't really mean to publish that last comment twice ----but maybe I did because I feel sooooo strongly about what I said. See you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful young family. We love looking at the pictures. We'll be thinking of ya'll while Justin is away. Can't wait to see the baby (and Diddy, too, of course!)

Anonymous said...

My Precious Friend...I love you so much and what a challenge to me as your best friend to hit my knees and fight for you!!! His strength is perfect when our strength is gone! You are such an encouragement to me and I can't wait to pray and love on you and Britten!

kristinbednarz said...

Oh, Lindsay.

It will be well! Your family will hold you up with prayer and I will too! Everyday, I'll pray for you that God will give you the strength to carry one, and I will pray for Justin too. That the Lord will keep him well for you and Britten.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay--I just read this again and am so proud to call you my "sister-in-law!" You have really been strong during this time. Hang in there! We love you and are praying for you all!