Thursday, January 26, 2006

3 Weeks Old

Today Britten is three weeks old....and is getting so big. Yesterday she weighed 7 lbs 3 oz. Five days before that she weighed 6 lbs 9 oz. That's 2 oz a day! She is such a joy to be around. We have noticed that she has a pretty predictable routine.(Besides eating, sleeping, and pooping). She is usually fussy from about 6 to 7, and is really alert after that. I love all of the little things that she does that makes me smile, and well tear up. I love hearing the noises she makes when she sucks on her passy, the faces that she makes when she is leaving us a big surprise in her diaper, the rustling noise that her diaper makes when she is busy kicking her legs, and the familiar gaze she gives me when I am reading her a book and rocking her to sleep. It is such a blessing having this little girl in our life, and we thank God every day for her.

1 comment:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Sometimes, it's still hard for me to realize that you're a mommy...but I can tell you are a great one! I am so glad that she brings so much joy into ya'll's lives. She is beautiful and so lucky to have such awesome parents.